Choppy video and loss of sound

I am getting choppy video and loss of sound while trying to play a simple 700mb avi file over my network.  The file begins and then in no time at all i have chop and no sound.  Same problem when i try to play an mkv???  I am using a d-link dir-615 n300 router.  I was able to play both avi and mkv files over the network  a week ago???  Any suggests would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Same here…     happened right after i updated the firmware…   

Also it suddenly transferes much slower than before over the wireless network…

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?

xistence wrote:

Same here…     happened right after i updated the firmware…   

Also it suddenly transferes much slower than before over the wireless network…

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?

see here

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

I purchased the live hub and added to my network. The hub was great, I could transfer 700 meg files back and forth with ease and download directly to the hub. I upgraded the firmware following the advice of the support page and immediately lost the ability to move files back and forth and when opening video files from the hub through my xp based computers, all I could manage was a long hang time and then choppy soundless slow video. I  rolled back and rolled the firmware three times and went through diagnostics with WD live support and they decided my hub was hooped. They have since sent me a new hub, and Voila, updated firmware  in the new hub and the same problem as before. I now have two hubs on my desk, both dysfunctional. The vids will play from the hub to the TV perfectly but the transfer rate over the network, moving any file to and from has been severly retarded by the new firmware. Before the update, I could download direct to the hub, as high as 400 kb per second, now the best I can achieve is maybe 3-5 kb per second. I can still achieve the same download speeds to my xp  and vista based computers. I feel I will be returning both hubs, it is unfortunate though as it is a **bleep** of an idea and has been a long time coming. There must be  a way to reformat the drive and apply the original firmware.