Choppy playback over wired LAN

ram1009:  Glad you’re sorted out!

Spookster:   You’re tilting at windmills.    *ALL* forms of digital capture are lossy.   EVERY ONE.  It is impossible to convert from an analog source to digital without losing content.  

All it means when an audio codec refers to itself as “Lossless” is that it doesn’t lose MORE than was lost at the digitization / quantization steps.  

So once you understand that a digital medium is already lossy by nature, one only has to decide how much can be lost without changing the “impression” that the medium has on the listener / viewer.

Blu-Rays are already compressed by 95% using a lossy codec.  There has been so much improvement in the codecs that BD’s can be RECOMPRESSED without sacrificing the perceived quality.

I really hate having to rekindle this thread but something significant happened.  The HUB has been playing great until tonight and suddenly the choppy playback returned as before.  Since resetting to defaults solved the problem before I tried it again and the playback is good again.  I don’t know what to make of this but whoever it was that said these devices aren’t buggy better be prepared to eat their words.