Choppy playback even after reset

I actually thought I  had a work around for this annoying, recurring problem.  Until tonight, that is.  Resetting used to do the trick but no more.  Has  there been any progress on this while I’ve been  delusional?

Question, this happens with all your movies or an specific format? Also, can you post the media info of few of the movies that  have this issue?

oxter wrote:

Question, this happens with all your movies or an specific format? Also, can you post the media info of few of the movies that  have this issue?

My movies are all VOB over a wired connection.  Actually, I’ve been through all this with some senior people here.  I thought I had found a “work around” by doing a reset, however one night the chop returned.   I haven’t posted what happened next because it’s a little bizarre.  During a previous troubleshooting session I  had hooked  up both HDMI and component outputs simultaneously to my Sony flat screen.  I did this so I could compare the results of various changes on different outputs.  When I did the reset the chop disappeared on both outputs.  Several days later I disconnected the component cables because I didn’t think they served any purpose any longer.  The next time I used the hub the chop returned.  When I re-installed the component cables the chop disappeared.  I said it was bizarre.  If you can shed any light on this I’d sure be grateful.