Changing Date/Time

I noticed that the date/time was off by ~90 minutes for my time zone so I thought that it might correct itself by changing the time zone. Upon saving, I got a system_time_date_error. Tried a couple other variants like setting to a manual setting. Got same error, lastly causing the NAS to go into perpetual blinking orange light mode. Only way to access the drive again is to unplug/plug in the unit and even then it goes into perpetual blinking for a long time.

Additionally, I have noticed that doing a short diagnostic was successful, whereas the long diagnostic failed after 30%. The drive has problems being perceived on the network enough where it’s effectively unreliable. Time to create a ticket with WD?

WD’s response was to first try using the reset in the back with a paperclip. If that doesn’t help, then try a different CAT5 cable. I would assume if that doesn’t help, it’s time for a new NAS.

Hello, you can also take the information out of the drive and do a quick factory restore, this should fix any issues that you might be having with the operating system on the drive.

Note: Doing a factory restore on the drive will delete all the information.

I tried resetting first, but that only held for a day. Replaced the CAT5 cable and so far that seems to have done the trick. I’ll keep monitoring for the next few days…

Glad to see that you found a solution for your issue.