Change synced/backup folder name - without loss of syncing

Hi
Having just set up MyCloud Home (single drive) unit and “played” with syncing, I note that if the synced folder name is changed via WebApp or DeskTopApp the continuous syncing fails.

I have two user accounts on my Windows PC and when syncing (say) the Documents Folder in each account I would like to differentiate between them, other than the MyCloud Home unit adding a “1” to the second synced folder.

Cheers

I have a similar situation. I want to use sync to provide back ups for multiple computers. It would be nice if I could collect all the synced folders from one computer into a larger folder named for that computer.

Right now its a technical limitation of the sync platform. Kind of a pain I know, definitely something we want to address down the line. So I don’t have an immediate fix for you, but know its on the to-do list.

Thanks

Matt
My Cloud Home Product Team

Hi there, I know this topic is from more than a year old but, I’d wanted to know if you fixed the issue or have any updates on this?
Thanks.

Hi,
The issue still remains

Kind Regards

Hello

Please advise if this issue has been fixed or remediated.
cause every time i start a sync from a new endpoint, it creates a new folder “Sync from desktop (X)”
where X is the endpoint number
And if i try renaming the folder, the sync breaks and i have to start a new one, the old one which broke goes stale and remains there

many thanks