Change or Remove my Password

Hello, I have put in WD a Name and password. But could not save it right and the password is very long, so I think, the player has taking what I typed, two times. I have tried too change it, but cannot do that. Does anybody know how I can change my password on the WD live mediaplayer ? Or is this not such a great problem ? Then when the WD should ask now for it, I even don’t know myself what the long password is, think it is twice of three times what I have typed. Now I log in with anonymous, but I see that my Name and Password are still there. So I wanna it change it good and save is. There it all went wrong, then I have typed it good and then OK

Go into NETWORK SETTINGS, and then “CLEAR LOGIN INFO FOR NETWORK SHARES.”

I’m guessing you don’t have the WDTV in ENGLISH mode, so I’m not sure what your menus will say.  :)

Hello Tony,

Thanks for your answer, I will try that. But then I want another password, how do I save that ? Before it goes wrong again, then last time I did Ok, Enter, and then a looooonnnggg password :frowning:

I do have mine WD MediaP in the Englisch mode, then Dutch was not avaible, but Englisch is not such a problem anymore :slight_smile: Greetings from Holland !

Your WDTV will remember the last UserID and Password you use.

The WDTV does not have its own password.   The password you enter is the password for your Network Share server, not the WDTV.  So if you want to change your password, you change it on the server that is hosting your shares.

Hello Tony, Thanks for the answer. So I must change it on the Server, on my PC ? Must I not change it in the WD Player ? And when I do it there, must I do Ok ? And then Enter ? Then so it has gone wrong, there must be after Ok, one step further too save the Name and Password. Is it important too do this, then we have only a wired Netwerk and my brother and I use that. Greetings from Holland.

It seems you got confused! The best way just to resett your WD with factory setting and then make a smaller password in english! Thanks

gyaneshwer wrote:
It seems you got confused! The best way just to resett your WD with factory setting and then make a smaller password in english! Thanks

That has nothing to do wiht anything.  the WDTV does not HAVE ANY PASSWORDS!  

Your WIRELESS might have a password.

Your NAS may have a password.

A locally attached USB Disk may have a password

but NOT THE WDTV!

Any password you’re trying to enter is set somewhere else, and resetting the WDTV to factory defaults ain’t going to do anything to those passwords.