Change MyCloud ownership/access windows 10

I have a hp laptop running windows 10. I have a BT (ISP provided) router. I have a WD MyCloud 2TB network drive. I am trying to edit the user rights to the drive with the intention of adding my computer user full access rights. Unfortunately when I attempt to add the user using the windows control screen I am unable to edit the users/location. If i try and select one of the existing users (e.g. “everyone”) and tick the boxes to give full control I get the following error: "An error occurred while applying security information to Z:, failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

I would be very grateful for any assistance with this. Thank you

Please read manual, all your answers will be there. Read shares section.

But in a nutshell, file permissions can only be set on the NAS itself, via the dashboard. A NAS device has its own OS and admin settings. Those cannot be set just like you would do with internal or USB hard drives.

As the previous poster indicated, read the WD My Cloud User Manual. It explains how to create users and set permissions on the WD My Cloud.

You use the WD My Cloud Dashboard to create and configure User access and permissions on the WD My Cloud.

Are you using the Dashboard and have you looked under Shares at the Help information provided? See image below.

Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

cat0w
USA

Thank you all I will try the above and get back to you