Change LED behavior?

Hello,

does anybody know if there’s a way to change the behavior of the three LED’s when the device is in standby?
As of now only the system LED is blinking slowly when the device is sleeping, the other two are solid blue. I’d like them to be off when the device is sleeping, with only the system LED slowly blinking.

I found a few instructions and ideas concerning LED behavior, but appearently those were for the first gen mycloud devices (there’s no /sys/class/leds folder anymore on 2nd gen devices…).

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi FoxFAN,

LED behavior of My Cloud Mirror Gen2 are pre-default system configured LED response and can’t be change. Solid blue LED response of drives indicate that drive is present but there is no activity. You may refer page #8 of My Cloud Mirror Gen2 user manual.

So for anyone who is interested… With the following commands you can disable both blue HDD-Leds (mirror gen2, ex2 ultra) in the original WD-Firmware

echo 53 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo 54 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio53/direction
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio54/direction
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio53/value
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio54/value

Only Problem so far: they turn on themself after some time (probably when device enter/leaves HDD sleep mode)