Chameleon 2 RC 5 / Chimera wont boot from WD15EURS

i cannot boot from that drive, it gives me Boot 0: GPT Boot 0: Testing Boot 0: Error found also other people having the same issue, only with the WD green drives any ideas? i wouldnt bought this HDD if i knew its problematic when used as bootdrive :confused:

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Hi,

boot1h file has to be written in a partition that IS NOT MOUNTED at a time of the writing.

When the file is written to a mounted partition, after unmount (either manually or by restarting a computer), written data are lost.

You cannot install the bootloader by the installer, because a disk you are installing to is mounted.

You cannot install the bootloader when the computer is booted from a disk you are installing to.

You cannot install the bootloader in safe mode manually when the safe mode was booted from a disk you are installing to.

SOLUTION:

Boot from another disk eg. DVD/USB OS install disk, open Terminal and install bootloader manually (DO NOT mount the disk you are installing to).

When you are updating to a newer version of the bootloader you need to repeat manual steps described above.

But one can say boot0 and boot1h rarely change between versions. Main progress is a file named ‘boot’. That file does not suffer from described issue.