Cd to my passport

I want to copy some music cds to my passport.  This is for a friend who will be downsizing and wants a simple way to listen to her music without having a lot of equipment, etc.  I have suggested copying to a My Passport.  How do I do this?

Thanks

Same way as any other USB hard drive.  

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Same way as any other USB hard drive.  

Or network drive that is visible in Windows Explorer under the “Network” heading (or the equivalent in OS X Finder).

Plug it into the computer and drag CD’s to it.

This sounds too simple, but I will give it a try.  In the meantime I used Cyberlink Power To Go and got the music on the My Passport.  It played.  Later, it wouldn’t play.  When I tried to delete the whole thing from the Passport, it said the files were not there, but if I look at the drive (F) it shows them there.  How can I clean up this mess and get the files gone from my passport?

Then, I can try to just copy from the CD to the MY Passport.

Thanks

placebow wrote:

This sounds too simple, but I will give it a try.  In the meantime I used Cyberlink Power To Go and got the music on the My Passport.  It played.  Later, it wouldn’t play.  When I tried to delete the whole thing from the Passport, it said the files were not there, but if I look at the drive (F) it shows them there.  How can I clean up this mess and get the files gone from my passport?

Then, I can try to just copy from the CD to the MY Passport.

Thanks

You can reformat the drive as ExFAT that will clean up everything.