Caviar Green 2TB 32MB Cache WD20EADS-00R6B0

Good afternoon everyone at Western Digital:

My name is Felipe, I’m from Chile and I own a Hard Disk Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 32MB Cache WD20EADS-00R6B0.
I’ve realized that my disk is at Warning status, according to the information by HD Tune Pro 4.5 and caution, as CrystalDiskInfo 3.7.0 reports.
The points with problems are the following:

• Reallocated Sectors Count
  • Reallocated Event Count
  • Current Pending Sector Count

I’ve also done a normal and quick Error Scan by HD Tune Pro 4.5 which has finished flawlessly. All the screenshot involved are attached as you can see what I’m refering to.

I’d like to know if there is a problem with my disk, if it is unhealthy, and if it’s secure that I’d still be using them.

Another point to consider is, my disk sometimes sounds like a little bit weird.  I’ve already backuped up all my information on it, and I’m available to do anything you recommend me to save it.
By the way, the warranty from the vendor is over, I purchased at September 2009, and there was only 6 month of warranty.  Waiting for your response and anything all of you can tell me, or recommend me,

Faithfully,
Felipe from Chile

HD Tune Pro 4.5 - Info:

HD Tune Pro 4.5 - Health:

HD Tune Pro 4.5 - Error Scan:

ATTO:

CrystalDiskMark 3.0:

CrystalDiskInfo 3.7.0:

it seems that your drive has 3 bad sectors

these bad sectors have been realocated to the spare area now

the hdd will use 3 sectors available from the spare area

if you see that the drive is getting more bad sectors you should send the drive for replacement

Thanks DavidSucesso for your answer, I’d like to know where did you get the possible 3 bad sectors…

Did you get this from the Reallocated Sectors Count or Reallocated Event Count field at Data column?
Is is secure that I’m still use this disk having the probability that could die any moment, according to the Caution status reported by those programs?
How exactly, should I check if my drive gets more bad sectors?

Thanks in advance,

Anyone would be so kind to answer my questions… please ?

I accept all comentaries…

Have a nice day all of you

See where it says “Raw Data” column? Follow that down to Reallocated sectors and you’ll see a 3 there. If it goes up to 4 or especially if it starts rapidly increasing, I’d contact WD about an RMA. You may want to get in touch with them now just to see. 

edit: “Raw Values” column, I’m sorry for the mistake

Thanks tului for your explanation, I understand now…
So… may if I’m still using this hard drive… and there is another new sector with problems… will be reallocated to some spare area, right?
that … doesn’t mean my hard drive could die completly…??? does it?..

By the way, my store vendor here in Chile applied a six month warranty… so there had passed like 9 months at the moments… is there a way I could possibly RMA this product to Western Digital?

Thanks again for everything,

I’m almost positive all Western Digital drives have a 1 year warranty(barring ones sold in systems like HP maybe). Usually they’ve had longer in my experience. To check the warranty on your drive follow the URL below:

http://websupport.wdc.com/warranty/serialinput.asp?aspsid=680261962&custtype=end&requesttype=warranty&lang=en

Never used it for America Latina, pero I don’t see why it shouldn’t work. You’d just select your country and serial number. Personally, with any bad sectors being remapped at all I’d check my warranty status and contact WD to see what the best course of action is. Better safe than sorry. The Chilean numero por WDC is as follows: 

1230-020-5871

At least according to the website. Give 'em a call, I mean its what the support is there for.

Thanks tului again for your   answer.

I’ve just checked my warranty and says it expired at 06/06/2012:

I’m going to try to call at the number you’ve provided me tomorrow … thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

Glad to help.

edit: And as for the warranty “It expires on  06/06/2012.” You want to say “Expira en 06/06/2012” not “Expiro en 06/06/2012”. Expired = Expiro.

Thats assuming Spanish is your native language.

You’r completly right, spanish is my native language … I think I should have said something like:

• It’ll expire at 06/06/2012
  • It expires at 06/06/2012

And not “expired at 06/06/2012” as I said at the post before.

Thanks,

hehe Hard drives AND idiomas, que mas! I’m going the other direction at the moment. Native English speaker(USA) and living in Mexico, so learning Spanish as I go.