Caviar Green 1.5 TB won't power on

I have a WD15EADS-00P8B0 (1.5TB Caviar Green) that seems to have something wrong with the control board.  It used to be in an external enclosure, but I popped it out for testing after it stopped turning on.  I plugged it into my external dock, but the light just started to blink about once a second, and the drive didn’t spin up.  I was wondering if there is any way for me to order a new control board for this drive, or if I can send it in to be repaired.

Thanks for your help.

If you are comfortable doing this, you can open the side of your case, power down, remove power of course, and plug in your sata and power cable into the drive. Hold the HDD by the sides and power up your pc.

You should feel the drive vibrate a little as the platter spins.

If not drive is dead.

If it does spin see if you see it in my computer.

Sabbath.

Remove the drive’s PCB and inspect it for damage. If the drive is not attempting to spin up, then check the TVS diodes near the SATA power connector. Upload a photo if you need help.

BTW, you will need to be very lucky with a board swap. Each board stores unique, drive specific, “adaptive” data in flash memory, either in a discrete chip or internal to the MCU. This chip, or its contents, needs to be transferred to your donor.

If your drive is attempting to spin up, but is unable to, then you may have a stiction fault.