Caviar Black WD1501FASS on newegg not found on WD's site as a current product

Same saga, new chapter.  Bought two WD2001FASS from newegg.com on 6/24/10 – the special “newegg only” models but in the 2TB size.  Had them laying around and now needed them.  Drive #1 gets to 93% formatting under WinXP SP3 and then the operation appears to just hang.  Drive #2 gets to 58% formatted (on a different WinXP system) and also just stops (tried multiple times with both 4K and 16K allocation units and both drives stop in the same place each time).  Using same external enclosures (CP Technologies) as I have with my Seagate drives.  Drive #2 seemed quite a bit noiser with a more pronounced hum.  My bad luck:  newegg’s 90 day return window ran out last month.  Called WD support (India I would guess).  Gal there was understandable and helpful (only a 5 minute wait too):  Gave S/N for Drive #2 and they are sending a replacement drive and an RMA (secured with my credit card number – maybe I should get a special low limit one just for these overseas situations…)  So WD is covering these “newegg only” drives (5 yrs for these).  Meanwhile all 5 of my Seagate ST31500341AS drives, supposedly with horrible reliability, continue to hum along (QUIETLY!) without a problem.  Maybe I am lucky after all.