Categorising Genre's

How do i categorise my existing movies and music so that i can search through my files for a particular style of movie (e.g. comedy, action etc).

I currently have my movies sorted into folders in alphabetical order and TV shows grouped under name and season.

Cheers.

How are you connecting to your data?  USB local hard drive, net shares, or media server?

If not via a media server there really isn’t any way you can organize your stuff and search via category.  A media server may or may not have this capability (but it would be up to the media server program and not the Live).

Mike,

Connected to a USB hard drive.

Was assuming that could somehow add tags so that the WDTV could search and find the categories i was after.

Disappointing that the WDTV doesn’t have this capability (otherwise think it is great).

Cheers.

also wondering if there has been an update on compatible USB wireless dongles (limited list previously).

Andrew_ wrote:

Was assuming that could somehow add tags so that the WDTV could search and find the categories i was after.

That would be great – it’s sure to already be suggested, but do go to the Ideas (tab above) and search for it and then vote on it (it might help if more people ask for it).

I think the updated dongles list is the one that’s posted online – don’t know of any other.