Categories in Gallery View (default theme)

Im using the default theme and also the media library. My sorting is by category, that works quite well but there’s a mistery “feature” that i can’t figure it out yet.

Sometimes when i rebuild the media library, some of the covers of my movies are shown as the icon of the category, but not on all of them.

Normally, all of them in the gallery view have the default category icon which is the green folder, but sometimes when i rebuild the media library, the cover of some movies are shown as the icon of the category. Im not complaining tho, i think that it looks good, but the problem is that is not consistent, so half of categories have a nice movie cover icon, and half have the ugly green folder icon.

Does anyone knows why is this happening ?

Thanks.

i cant be the only one with this problem :smiley:

blaco800 wrote:

Try putting one of Tinwarbles genre folders in each of your categories, see this link for downloading folder icons (thumbs)

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Attn-Tinwarble-Genre-Folder-Thumb-request/m-p/357937/highlight/true#M6145

Download the Genre Folders without reflections, put one in each category and rename it “folder.jpg” without quotation marks.

Cheers

blaco800 wrote:

don’t be so sure about that!

Rithabens suggestion is well intended but is not going to help :heart:

Sorting by category is like putting a child into an empty room with 700 power sockets, 500 forks and 6 buckets of water.

You know the child will get hurt but you can’t predict how. :neutral_face:

What you should do is to create Genre Folders / Category Folders, and dump your files in there

sort by folder / alphabetically and you will never ecounter a problem again.

Each folder needs a folder.jpg to display as a category icon.

DeVicious wrote:

blaco800 wrote:

don’t be so sure about that!

Rithabens suggestion is well intended but is not going to help :heart:

Sorting by category is like putting a child into an empty room with 700 power sockets, 500 forks and 6 buckets of water.

You know the child will get hurt but you can’t predict how. :neutral_face:

What you should do is to create Genre Folders / Category Folders, and dump your files in there

sort by folder / alphabetically and you will never ecounter a problem again.

Each folder needs a folder.jpg to display as a category icon.

Thank you Dev,

At least I got an artisan to help with his problem, and hopefully fix it.

Cheers

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

So right now my setup is like this

/WDTVPartition/Movies/SomeAmazingMovie/SomeAmazingMovie.avi  and the media library is doing the sorting

If i go the route that you suggest, should i do this ?

/WDTVPartition/Movies/Action/SomeAmazingMovie.avi ? and turn off the media library ?