Capacity on Dashboard is Blank

Hi All

I used to see the Capacity as a pie chart earlier , now it shows blank. 

Also noticed that Content Scanning always endsup with error and system diagonostics struck at 90%. 

Can you please help 

You can try a “System Only Restore” … this will not delete your data, but will restore the system files. You can do this through the Dashboard or look in the “User Manual” for a power off system restore.

Another thing to try is “Reboot” the My Cloud.

Have tried these options but still no luck. 

Is there any way to check the error log ? if so can you please let me know the log file name and location please. 

This just happened to me. The hard drive switched IP adresses (as it usually does) your dashboard was probably open while it happened or else you wouldn’t even be able to access it. Check your network map and see what the new IP adress is, enter it in any browser adress bar follwed by   /ui and you will gain access. hope this helps.

Same issue

I have tried everything includes reboot, system only factory reset, update firmwares, downgrade firmwares, but nothing helpful.

only “-” shown on the capacity used area of UI.

I find the below logs in /var/log/user.log, and belive the problem is system is error in getting capacity of each catagroy

:

Feb 12 22:14:51 WDMyCloud REST_API[982]: 192.168.1.106 ORION_LOG DBAccess EXECUTEQUERYWITHDB [ERROR] Failed to get prepared statement for sql: SELECT
                                                            SUM(CASE category WHEN '1' THEN IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS video,
                                                            SUM(CASE category WHEN '2' THEN IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS music,
                                                            SUM(CASE category WHEN '3' THEN IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS photos,
                                                            SUM(CASE category WHEN '4' THEN IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS other
                                             FROM
    														m0.Files
                                             WHERE
    														isDeleted = 0 . Error: no such table: m0.Files
Feb 12 22:14:51 WDMyCloud REST_API[982]: 192.168.1.106 ORION_LOG DBAccess EXECUTEQUERYWITHDB [ERROR] Failed to get prepared statement for sql: SELECT
                                             FROM
    														m0.Files
                                             WHERE
    														isDeleted = 0 . Error: no such table: m0.Files
Feb 12 22:14:51 WDMyCloud apache2[982]: exception 'Exception' with message 'Failed to get prepared statement for sql: SELECT
                                             FROM
    														m0.Files
                                             WHERE
    														isDeleted = 0 . Error: no such table: m0.Files' in /var/www/rest-api/api/Db/includes/dbaccess.inc:357
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/rest-api/api/Storage/src/Storage/Usage/Model/StorageUsage.php(76): DBAccess->executeQueryWithDb(Object(MediaVolsPDO), 'SELECT\n ...')
#1 /var/www/rest-api/api/Storage/src/Storage/Usage/Controller/StorageUsage.php(91): Storage\Usage\Model\StorageUsage->calculateMediaBreakdown(Array)
#2 /var/www/rest-api/api/Core/src/Core/NasController.php(154): Storage\Usage\Controller\StorageUsage->get(Array, Array, 'xml', '2.1')
#3 /var/www/htdocs/api/rest/index.php(20): Core\NasController->exec()
#4 {main}

could any one please check the log, or provide the missed m0.Files?

Thanks

I am seeing the same errors and when “Quick View” is running, the user.log file fills up the disk space in /var/log to 100%… Do you also get the stack trace?

Feb 25 13:27:40 WDMyCloud apache2[23235]: exception 'Exception' with message 'Failed to get prepared statement for sql: SELECT
                                             FROM
                                                                                                                m0.Files
                                             WHERE
                                                                                                                isDeleted = 0 . Error: no such table: m0.Files' in /var/www/rest-api/api/Db/includes/dbaccess.inc:357
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/rest-api/api/Storage/src/Storage/Usage/Model/StorageUsage.php(76): DBAccess->executeQueryWithDb(Object(MediaVolsPDO), 'SELECT\n ...')
#1 /var/www/rest-api/api/Storage/src/Storage/Usage/Controller/StorageUsage.php(91): Storage\Usage\Model\StorageUsage->calculateMediaBreakdown(Array)
#2 /var/www/rest-api/api/Core/src/Core/NasController.php(154): Storage\Usage\Controller\StorageUsage->get(Array, Array, 'xml', '1.0')
#3 /var/www/htdocs/api/rest/index.php(20): Core\NasController->exec()
#4 {main}
Feb 25 13:27:41 WDMyCloud Zend\Log[23452]: 8192

starmc26, setting a static IP will help with this and any shared network resource should be set to static

in general how long does it stay blank? are you turning off or unplugging the drive before this? uploading a lot of files? this is a low powered device and it can take awhile to update dashboard items

My problems are getting worse - I thought if it media count related; maybe if I stop and start DLNA and rebuild the database it might help me get my capacity info back.

It started rebuilding and now I now just get:

Error

• Media server database internal server error. (400162)

Popping up every few minutes in the mochi_dialog_container on the UI. 

Noticed these things running with a second or two of the message popping up…

32423 root 20 0 3392 2880 1728 S 1.7 1.2 0:00.05 getSmartTestSta

31260 root 20 0 5056 4032 2240 R 5.0 1.7 0:00.15 getRunLevel.pl

30973 root 20 0 3328 2816 1728 S 1.0 1.2 0:00.15 getDlnaDbInfo.s

The advice from WD was

"We apologize for the inconvenience.   In this case we recommend to reset the drive by pushing the reset button on the back for 4 seconds while the unit is “ON”, then release it.  The unit will restart and then you will be able to try again.

If the issue persists we recommend to do “Factory Restore” through the drive’s interface:

1- Settings.
2- Utilities.
3- Factory Restore.
4- Select the “System Only” restore and that won’t erase the data.

Neither the reset nor the system only will erase the data in the unit, the passwords will be erased though and the IP settings will go back to manufacture status."

I’ll give that a go but not sure it will help…

Pushing the reset button for 4 seconds actually gave me back the capacity usage… I’ll see how far I get with DNLA…