Can't write to public share

I gave up trying to get MyCloud to nfs mount on my pi (I’m a linux n00b).  Now I’m tryin cifs.  I’ve got it mostly working except I can’t write to it.

I have another share on a different NAS.  I use the exact same parms and it mounts fine.

sudo mount -t cifs //###.###.###.###/Public /home/pi/nas1
sudo mount -t cifs //###.###.###.###/USB_Storage /home/pi/nas2

Public, is the Public share on MyCloud

mount gives me the following.

//###.###.###.###/Public on /home/pi/nas1 type cifs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,vers=1.0,sec=ntlmssp,cache=strict,domain=workgroup,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=###.###.###.###,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,serverino,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,actimeo=1)
//###.###.###.###/USB_Storage on /home/pi/nas2 type cifs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,vers=1.0,sec=ntlmssp,cache=strict,domain=workgroup,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=###.###.###.###,unix,posixpaths,serverino,acl,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,actimeo=1)

The MyCloud gets mounted with 755 permissions, the other non-mycloud nas share mounts as 777

Any suggestions?  

paksen,

Please bear in mind Western Digital technical support only provides jumper configuration (for EIDE hard drive) and physical installation support for hard drives used in systems running the Linux/Unix operating systems. I would recommend performing a keyword search for “NFS” in the WD My Cloud board of the WD Community in order to  verify if previous threads provide additional information related to the issue you are currently experiencing.

On the other hand and for testing purposes, do you experience the same results with NFS in other operating systems such as Apple Mac OS?

SOLVED

Solved the issue myself by getting the share mounted with NFS

sudo mount -t nfs ###.###.###.###:/nfs/Public /home/pi/nas1

previously I was missing the /nfs/

Still won’t work with cifs but I prefer nfs