Can't view files via Win Explorer, nor connect to public folder NAS MyCloud EX Ultra

This seems to be a somewhat common problem, but I haven’t been able to figure it out yet.

I want to be able to use Win Explorer to do parts of the initial folder/file load.

The NAS installs and displays in Windows Network. However, clicking on it goes to the device dashboard. Not surprisingly, I also can’t set up a network connection to the Public folder.

Since I’m still early in integrating the NAS, and can start all over in case there’s an option I need to change.

Thanks

Are able to access dashboard of My Cloud EX2 Ultra manually using Internet Browsers?
If not, follow below article to access dashboard of My Cloud EX2 Ultra on computer.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The problem was being able to access via Windows Explorer. Was able to get to the device dashboard (and the MyCloud.com dashboard).

Just figured out the problem. First looked at workgroup but it was WORKGROUP, the same as the client. The problem went away by activating the Windows Feature SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support.

Before activating, the WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra showed up in the Storage section of Network in Explorer. After, it also showed up in the Computers section of Network. That icon clicks to the folders/files via Windows Explorer.

The next step is to map a couple folders as network drives, and then use Explorer to move a whole bunch of folders/files from one of the client PC hard drives to the Public folder on the NAS.

Although I have some good tech talent, this install and config requires a bit more understanding than I had. Quite a bit of learning is needed. Figuring out that this was solved by the Feature is a good example.

Thanks again