Can't use WD5000AAKX 500gb as a USB SATA drive?

Hello, I have the WD5000AAKX Caviar Blue that I want to use on my USB to SATA converter.  When I apply power it spins up no problem. When I plug in the USB cable to a W7 or Vista machine it installs the drivers but that is all. I do not get the pop up window for AutoPlay like usual. When I look in my Computer it does not show the new drive letter.  I know it’s not my USB converter because I can change to a 5 year old WD 300GB and a 3 year old WD 1TB drive (both Caviar Black) and both work as they should.    It was made in August of 2012.  It doesn’t matter whether I use the USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports because it still is seen as USB TO ATA/ATAPI BRIDGE.  If I look in Devices of W7 it shows the drive as WDC WD50 00AAKX-75U6AA0 USB Device and the status is working properly.  However, if I click on the Volumes tab all the fields are blank like Disk:, Type:, Status:, Partition style:, Capacity:, Unallocated space:, Reserved Space:, and Volumes:

How do I fix this and what is what is it that is different about this new drive?

Ok, never mind.  I figured it out.  Need to run the WD advanced format drive instructions.  All is well now. :smiley:

i have one 500gb hard disk wd5000aakx   is cruppers want Delhi costumer service center phone no.  Delhi .