Can't Transfer Purchases from iPad

I’ve had my iTunes music Library on my MyBookLive 2TB for a while now.

Today I tried to transfer some purchases I’d made on my iPad to my iTunes library within iTunes and I’m getting an error message that says I can’t access my Public share because I don’t have the right privileges.

If I check the folders on the drive using the file browser in windows it shows that all of the folders are checked as ‘read-only’.  I’ve tried changing this from read-only but the change just doesn’t take effect.

Anyone have a solution for this problem?

are you still using the public share folder for your music?  if you’ve moved files into another folder, you may have issues with permissions.

The files were moved to another subfolder of the public share folder.   I’ve done the same thing before and I don’t recall having any issues.

beerye wrote:

I’ve had my iTunes music Library on my MyBookLive 2TB for a while now.

Today I tried to transfer some purchases I’d made on my iPad to my iTunes library within iTunes and I’m getting an error message that says I can’t access my Public share because I don’t have the right privileges.

If I check the folders on the drive using the file browser in windows it shows that all of the folders are checked as ‘read-only’.  I’ve tried changing this from read-only but the change just doesn’t take effect.

Anyone have a solution for this problem?

I hope you’re making a backup on another drive, if the MBL dies then you’ll lose your data if you don’t have a backup.