Can't stream .vob files

I have a wd tv live streaming box. I want to stream local dvdshrinked .vob files but the wd box can’t seem to do this. I can stream .mkv and .mp4 files using emby or playon. But .vob does not work. In playon I get ‘there is no media available for playback’ as an error. Using emby I get ‘unable to play selected file. Please see user manual for a list of supported file formats’

I have latest firmware. This happens wired or wireless. And .vob streams fine when using roku.

Is anyone able to stream .vob?

Hello,

Regarding the vob files, make sure that they are unprotected or unencrypted.

Try playing them from the folder, instead of from the files themselves.

The vob files stream fine to the roku. Since I created the vob files using dvdshrink I would doubt they are encrypted.

Are you able to stream .vob?

The folders show and inside I can see audio and video _ts files but when I click on the video file the player does not see any vob contents.

Are you able to stream .vob?

If I remember correctly, the Live Streaming should be able to play VOB files, but like I said, you should highlight the folder that the files are in and hit play. That should start the movie.

blacky,
note that Bill_S said hit play, not OK. They are 2 different things. Play is 2 above the OK.

I have tried both the play and ok buttons and nothing plays. Are you able to stream vob files?