Can't sign in to Cloud Account for Device Owner after OS 5 update

I updated to OS 5 and now can’t access MyCloud from phone or iPad. I’ve tried signing in to the Cloud Account for Device owner, but keep getting the message “Error: Something went wrong, please check that you have an active Internet connection and try again.”. I’ve tried multiple machines and browsers but no joy. In Settings > Network, status is showing as “Internet access” so I don’t believe there is anything wrong with the internet connection. The login credentials work fine on os5.mycloud.com so I know they are ok. I’ve tried the obvious restarts etc.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? Or alternatively, how do I access files from iOS without enabling CloudAccess - I never needed it enabled on OS3?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

My Cloud OS 5 and the My Cloud OS 5 client apps do not support local LAN Only access. Cloud Access must be enabled. However, you could use the iOS Files App “Connect to Server” option IE: smb://IP_ADDRESS but you will need to set NTLMv1 and NTLMv2 in the My Cloud OS 5 Dashboard under Settings → Network → Windows Protocol

Hi SBrown,

Thanks for the advice, I’ll test access directly via the files app though it would be good to get features like photo backup working again so I do need to resolve the “something went wrong” error around internet access. Any ideas why this part of the dashboard thinks there is no internet access?

It seems very confusing that local only access is no longer possible. A lot of the marketing around OS5 talked up the security benefits but I don’t see how it can possibly be more secure to force people to allow permanent internet access to the device?