Can't see Windows shares

Hi

New user, setting up my WD TV Live for the first time. Firmware updated to the latest before I started. Netbios enabled on TCP on the W7 Pro box I want to access.

Wireless network, sets up fine, reports working ok, but no shares appear when i try to set up shares. I just get the curly arrow revolving slowly.

My whole network is not called WORKGROUP. Is this why? Is the WD TV Live so lame it won’t let me tell it that my workgroup is something other than the standard name? I can’t find any way to tell it that it must live on a workgroup with another name.

The shares I want to access are on a W7 Pro box, and a NAS device. Neither appears in my shares list on the WD TV. Both can see each other and a Mac running 10.8 can see and mount both. 

Mac can see WD TV Live in its shared resources list as can the W7Pro box. However, the WD TV Live can’t see them, or anything else at all.

All are getting their addresses from a D-Link DAP-615 Router via DHCP.

Any help gratfully received.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

tsp1965 wrote:
is Is the WD TV Live so lame it won’t let me tell it that my workgroup is something other than the standard name? I can’t find any way to tell it that it must live on a workgroup with another name.

• *Then you’re not looking very hard… You change the workgroup name in the network setup.

Thanks for the reply.

So there is. I didn’t see the little triangle indicating there were more menu options. Thanks!

So I’ve fixed that and can see my various shares, but after I put in the login info i get an invalid username or password message. I’ve re-inputted several times and tried two different administrator accounts as well as Anonymous/blank pwd and anonymous/blank pwd, and blank/blank. Always the same, invalid username or password.

I’ve createda new administrator account and tried that. nope. I’ve given the account explicit permission for one of the shares, not just as part of the administrator group. Nope.

I can find lots of posts about people having trouble when there isn’t a username/password set up, but not when there is and they are trying to use it.

Can anyone shed any light on this, please?