Can't see WDTVLive in windows explorer (Win 7 U x64)

Not 100% sure this is a WD issue or a OS issue but i’ll post here first to see if anyone can shed any light on this issue for me.

I have 2 WDTVLive’s (the one in the living room is hard wired and the one in the bedroom is wireless) and used to be able to go into windows explorer and move files from my main PC (Home-Brew) to either one of the units without any issues but for some reason now when i fire up windows explorer neither of the WDTVLive’s show up.

If you look at the image above you can see how the top line of images only has “Home-Brew PC” in it where the used to be both WDTVLive’s i could then double click on them and move files to the right folders etc, now nothing.

Underneath that is one of the WDTVLive’s but going in there only gives me some kind of login page to the device but no way of moving files.

I have the latest firmware in both drives, anyone have any idea what is going on?

All1

This is how to find possible problems with the Master Browser on your network, which will affect when and what servers appear on your WDTV Network Shares.

On one of your PCs, open up a “Command” window.

(In Win Vista and Win7, click the Orb, and in the search box, type CMD. An icon will appear above the box that says cmd.exe. Click it, and a Command window will open.)

(In WinXP, Click START, then RUN…, and in the box, type CMD. A Command Window will open.)

In the command window, enter the command “net view,” like this:

C:\Users\Tony>net view
Server Name Remark

\BIGNAS1 Big Freakin’ NAS Server 1
\MARS
\NEPTUNE
\WDTVLIVE WDTV LIVE
The command completed successfully.

In my example, there are four active devices that Windows has discovered.

Now, for EACH of those, issue the command “nbtstat -a (name)” for example:

C:\Users\Tony>nbtstat -a bignas1

Local Area Connection:
Node IpAddress: [10.0.0.157] Scope Id:

NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table

Name Type Status

BIGNAS1 00> UNIQUE Registered
BIGNAS1 03> UNIQUE Registered
BIGNAS1 20> UNIQUE Registered
…__MSBROWSE__.01> GROUP Registered
WORKGROUP 1D> UNIQUE Registered
WORKGROUP 1E> GROUP Registered
WORKGROUP 00> GROUP Registered

So, we got lucky here, the FIRST system, BIGNAS1, indicates that it is the master browser, since it lists the name …__MSBROWSE__.

You need to find out WHICH system is your master browser. If none of these steps work as described, then the issue is likely on your PC itself, and that will require substantial additional troubleshooting.

Thanks for the reply Tony, however i can only go as far as d:\users\home-brew then typing in “Net view” and the window does no more nothing appears in the command box.

All1

NOTHING appears?  No errors, no response, NOTHING?

If so, I have no clue other than to say there’s an issue with your PC of some sort…

That command should at least indicate SOME sort of response…