Cant see usb driver on pc

after trying to google my proplem few days still nothing.

i have hdd connectec to my wbtv and wlan stick i can see wbtv on my homegroup and my pc shows up on wbtv.

I just cant see my hdd and pc so i cant move movies to usb drive.

i can stream with windown movie player and i see my public shared folders on wbtv.

when i try connect wbtv with ip (192.xxxxxx)  its says cant connect.

when trying to map network drives i get error “192.xxxx” the network path was not found.

i need to change some settings on router?

Do you have the WDTV set to share local content on the network?  It’s in the SETTINGS menus.

Use the install DVD that came with the WD and run the “Discovery”. You will see your USB disk listed like any other local disk on your PC.

i did but still cant see it.

i have share on.

I got it working with cable but wireless still dont work.

Iam using buffalo wli-uc-g300n and win7.

when i try open usb drive with my computer i get error message saying wbtv dont share files and printers.

i have network share turned on. i have tested to turn it off, on, on with password but still nothing.

Anyway i can change setting on the usb stick?

On your PC, open a COMMAND window and type:

net view

Post the output of that command here.

when using net view command it says there is nothing.

when i get back home i can test with cable.

had netbios off so didnt give any info.

But now:
\A-pc

\Admin-pc

\wbtvlive

same with wireless and cable

But still not working with wireless

Well, NetBIOS is REQUIRED.

If netbios is required why they dont put that in manual?

But ye did nothing and it was working with cable without netbios.

Any ideas anyone?

Eveyting works with cable i just use WDTVLIVE (213.xxxx.xxxxxx) Shortcut.

Wireless:

map drives gives me error  213.xxx.xxx.xxx cant find path samewith browse network shares.

When i try click network share option in wdtv it ask password i dont have one cant log in with ano (i tested adding password but still says invalid user.) i dont have live id or i just cant find it.

I have all WDTV setting and windows share settings right. (read like 100 topics)

When i map network with windows app i can see WDTV and bridge(wlan stick)

Using windows problem solve thing when trying to connect with shortcut it says : cant connect  wbtv dont answer port 445 or some security settings are stopping it.

I had firewall off.

anyone can check if iam using right port?

artza wrote:

If netbios is required why they dont put that in manual?

Because NetBIOS over TCP/IP is on in 99.9999% of Win systems out there.   WIndows enables it by default.  You must have turned it off at some point.

But ye did nothing and it was working with cable without netbios.

I have no idea how that’d be possible.   NetBIOS is REQUIRED to make Windows FIle Sharing (SMB) work.  There are some exceptions to this (such is being a member of an ActiveDirectory domain and stuff)

Any ideas anyone?

Eveyting works with cable i just use WDTVLIVE (213.xxxx.xxxxxx) Shortcut.

Wireless:

map drives gives me error  213.xxx.xxx.xxx cant find path samewith browse network shares.

When i try click network share option in wdtv it ask password i dont have one cant log in with ano (i tested adding password but still says invalid user.) i dont have live id or i just cant find it.

I have all WDTV setting and windows share settings right. (read like 100 topics)

When i map network with windows app i can see WDTV and bridge(wlan stick)

Using windows problem solve thing when trying to connect with shortcut it says : cant connect  wbtv dont answer port 445 or some security settings are stopping it.

I had firewall off.

anyone can check if iam using right port?

Port 445 IS NETBIOS.    

Sounds like you’ve royally messed up the network configuration on your system.

So your saying i need netbios on with wireless but not with cable?

No, I’m saying you need NetBIOS services enabled no matter what.    Microsoft has made this a DEFAULT since before Win2K.

I don’t know what you’re doing when you say you’re turning “IT” on and off, because NetBIOS consists of MANY SERVICES and protocols.  

All I know is that NetBIOS is a necessary component of CIFS and SMB.

Out of curiousity, I’d like to see a WIRESHARK capture on your machine when it’s working with NetBIOS “Off.”

Go read THIS POST.   Almost EVERY packet you see there is NetBIOS packets.