Can't see the devicd

Hi. Just bought My Cloud about three months now. I am from the Philippines using the PLDT Home Fiber router. There seems to be a problem with the router. None of my devices has detected the My Cloud device even the blue lighy stays on.

Are these devices local to the router (all plugged directly into the router), or are you trying to use the MyCloud service to connect remotely?

If local, are these win10 devices you are trying to reach the MyCloud with? If so, Microsoft recently depreciated the MasterBrowser/Announce framework for SMB, and adopted the WS-DISCOVER framework to replace it. Linux’s SAMBA server does not (yet) support WS-DISCOVER as a service broadcasting technology, so to get windows10 systems to see the MyCloud over Network Neighborhood / in your workgroup, you need to do something that is not really good from a security standpoint, and enable SMB1.0 services on your windows 10 hosts. This will turn the old discovery protocols on, and the hosts will then see the NAS.

Alternatively, you can give the MyCloud a static IP address, and then manually connect to the shares using the drive mapping dialog, and enable “reconnect at logon”. Then the shares will be mounted as drive letters that you can simply make use of, and you can do this without enabling SMB1.0.

If this is NOT local to the router, and is instead over the internet, make sure that your router is forwarding the necessary ports for stateful connections to the mycloud.

@Joeriz

What devices and operating system are you using?

Have you read the User Manual for your generation of My Cloud?

The more information you provide the better chance someone can help you.

I used windows 10, android lollipop, marshmallow, nougat, oreo and Mac Sierra. Still cannot find my My Cloud device attached to LAN.
Here is a photo of my router

hi @cat0w, @Joeriz

can you please help me? I have a newly purchased WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra 8TB.

The status of all 3 led are steady blue. I do not know the firmware version since i cannot access the WD MyCloud.

I lived in the Philippines and my internet provide is PLDT with PLDT FIBR modem model AN5506-04-FA (2134285-f1a)

I already try resetting the modem and restarting all the devices but still not working.

I’ve been searching and reading related articles by to no avail.

hope you can help me. thanks

other details:

Hey, did you ever resolve this with the PLDT router and MyCloud?