Can't see or access files on WD

Hi,

I am using a MAC OSX desktop and put my iPhoto library on the 1 TB external WD drive. It was making noise the other night and I pulled out the power and USB cord. I have started it up again but see only basic startup files and no stored files. Shows only 218 MB capacity and no space…I have powered up and down and checked conection via USB hub.

Any help appreciated,

Declan

Try connecting it without the hub and plugged directly in the wall not a power strip. If you didn’t remove the drive properly you may have corrupted it. I don’t know much about Macs so that’s all I can offer.

Joe

That sounds like only the Virtual Disk is recognized, try going into the applications folder/Utilities/Disk Utility and if you see your My Book on the left side, it means that it is being recognized by your Mac but the data is corrupted. If you need to recover your files you can try to do it with a data recovery program or you can just format your My Book following the link bellow, do remember that if you format your My Book that will delete all of your files.

How to partition and format a WD drive on Windows (7, Vista, XP) and Mac OSX

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyNzE4NjM0OC9zaWQvMmlCSDJLT2s%3D