Can't see mycloud in network folder

I have installed my cloud successfully. Can see it from my ipad, iphone and laptop.

wanted to connect and map the folders to network drives on my desktop pc as well, but doesn’t work.

when running the setup it recognizes the mycloud asks for my admin user & password, but then sends a messagge that i apparently won’t be able to map drives… i don’t know why

running Windows Vista 

any idea what it is?

I have activated network file sharing…

I also can’t see mycloud. 

In verson 1.0.3.12 I could, now, verson 1.0.4.34 I can’t!

How can I fix this?

i am not trying to access it via the desktop app. I am trying to map it via windows explorer.

The desktop app works fine.

only work around so far i found is activating the ftp service on Mycloud and then access the folders via ftp protocol in internet explorer which works but i can hardly explain to my wife

What is the exact message you are referring to?

Is your name and password on mycloud the same as on your PC?

beejer wrote:

I have installed my cloud successfully. Can see it from my ipad, iphone and laptop.

wanted to connect and map the folders to network drives on my desktop pc as well, but doesn’t work.

when running the setup it recognizes the mycloud asks for my admin user & password, but then sends a messagge that i apparently won’t be able to map drives… i don’t know why

running Windows Vista 

any idea what it is?

I have activated network file sharing…

no. when mapping a drive i can enter the admin user/password no problem.

Actually i found the problem. My freshly installed firewall was stopping me to discover the cloud server…

would appreciate if someone tells me which ports are used by the WD Mycloud…

@ Beejer,

You asked: “would appreciate if someone tells me which ports are used by the WD Mycloud…”

Ports 80 (8080), 139, 443. The WD Quick View use ports 54405, 54177, 54155, 54479, 54132, 54437, 54503, 54371, 54239

Hello

Im having the same problem almost.

I access my ftp server (mycloudex2) via chrome browser or windows explorer but i see only the folders are inside the public. when i enter to a subfolder i see it empty, i have full disable the antivirus and i have the same results.

i have open the ports 21 22 443 873 

any ideas?