Can't see my .MKV movies in my movie folder

Running direct eithernet connection through a belkin router.  I can see all my other 420p movies but I can’t see my .MKV files that are located in the same folder! Solution?  Running Windows 7 x64. 

Are you using the “streaming” option and sharing libraries on Windows 7 and accessing it on the WD TV Live through the Media Server Option?  then I have the same problem. 

The solution is to share the hard disks/folders containing your video files on your PC and access them through the “shared network” option on the WD, not the “media server”.  This worked for me.

Are you using the “streaming” option and sharing libraries on Windows 7 and accessing it on the WD TV Live through the Media Server Option?  then I have the same problem. 

The solution is to share the hard disks/folders containing your video files on your PC and access them through the “shared network” option on the WD, not the “media server”.  This worked for me.

I have the same problem and I am “streaming” and sharing libraries from Vista 32-bit home premium. This is not a good solution for me, since the shared folders disconnect from the WDTV Live about every five minutes.

But I think   asdfrrrr is saying he doesn’t have this problem when he’s running 64-bit Windows 7. Now why would that be?