Can't see My Cloud devices in Network Computers on Windows 10 Home

Hi everyone!

Just got an ASUS ZenBook UX305 and am having trouble mapping network drives as I can’t connect to the devices via explorer (either in the list in Network under “computers” or my manually browsing to the device name or the IP address). It’s like it doesn’t exist.

However, both of the WD MyCloud NAS boxes show up under the “Storage” options and the one setup to do media streaming shows up under “Media” as well (however double clicking both of those options just go to a web page) in the explorer network section. So, the computer can see the devices, but won’t let me browse the files.

This is not an issue on my other machines (custom built desktop and Surface Pro 3), but both are running Windows 10 Pro while the ZenBook is running Home, if that makes a difference.

Any thoughts? I saw a super fast message about Windows Connect being on a different Wifi access point or something. It disappeared before I could really read it or click on it and it didn’t show up in the Activity center.

Appreciate any thoughts or things to check! Thanks!

I should mention the computer displays itself and the Surface Pro 3 under “computers” while the Surface Pro 3 can see about 7 different things under computers on our network (including the 2 WD MyCloud boxes).

I can also ping the device by its device name.

1 Like

Hi, go to network and sharing settings and check if the connection is set to public or private, if its set to public change it to private. I was having issues getting my PC to recognized some devices on my network before doing this.

Hello daroga,

It seems to me that you might want to check out the topic below for a possible solution;

[Can’t see NAS in the “Network” view of Windows 10][1]
[1]: Can't see NAS in the "Network" view of Windows 10

Cheers!