Can't see movies when using WD 2go Version 2.0.0

When I try to view any movies I have on MyBookLiveDuo all I see is a question mark in the icon for all video formats. No formats will play.  It happen after I upgraded to WD 2go 2.0.  Please assist.

Thanks

Mac

What type of device are you using?

What format are the videos?

… and they worked in Version 1.2?

Using iPad and iPhone. Formats are mkv and avi. Yesit worked in 1.2.

I don’t know how or why it would have worked before…

MKV has *never* been supported on Apple products, and AVI is only supported if the internal video stream is Motion-JPG.  WD 2go has never played any unsupported video formats on its own; it uses the internal Apple video engine.

From Apple’s website:

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;

MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;

Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Are you sure you weren’t using a third part app to play them?  Or, can you even do that on an iPad/iPhone?

I’m sure it worked prior to upgrading to 2.0.  Not sure what I changed after 2.0 upgrade. 

I slightly dissappointed with the fact that my iphone will not be able to play avi files but it gives me the option of “open with”… when I click on VLC nothing happens… anyone have any idea what is going on or what I can do?

Thanks

iOS has a bug when opening files over some size like 300meg or so.  Some chatter on apple forums about it…

Is there a solution for it?

I have an iPhone and iPad and had also been frustrated with this till I started looking for alternatives to wd2go. The first thing is to download Filebrowser from the app store. This app has much more functionality with management of files on the MBL as compared to wd2go and is also more stable. The second app to get is Goodplayer which will play just about any video format there is. I use it to play videos from my Panasonic video camera with no problems. Among other things Filebrowser will allow you to upload iPhone photos and videos to any folder on the MBL which is something that the pathetic wd photos app won’t allow since you can only upload to Public/shared photos. Good luck

Thank u for the info. I guess mu noob question would be does this app le u stream or would u have to download and then watch? Second question is would this app connect to my WD My Book Live directly?

It can both download and stream.

What do you mean by “connect to my WD My Book Live directly?”

I mean can I add my WD My Book Live storage as a source? all I want is to be able to access and stream from my WD HD

It will stream fine but my network only allows streaming over my local home wifi (with Filebrowser). I suspect that you can configure your network to allow remote streaming with Filebrowser but i have not figured this out yet and am not too knowledgable about networking. If someone wants to comment on how to configure the Wireless MBL network to allow remote streaming with Filebrowser (with proper security) I would appreciate it.

Cheek9191 wrote:

I mean can I add my WD My Book Live storage as a source? all I want is to be able to access and stream from my WD HD

MBLs are the ONLY thing you can have as sources (or the MyNet Router 900C) …  Those are the only sources you CAN add.