Can't see Live Media Player on remote TV conected to WD HD Live Reader

I have a Netgear WNHDE111 5.0 GHz bridge/AP configured in Auto mode  connected to LAN side of my internet router. This is the main AP we’ll call node A. 

I have two additional WNHDE111’s also set to AUTO we will call node B and node C that communicate with node A.  At each node there is an HD TV.

At node B there is a the WD live HD reader connected directly (CAT 5 connection) to port 1 of the node B.  At location C there is the Live Media Hub SERVER connected to port 1 of node C.  The reader at B see’s the internet and allows for streaming content to be viewed on the TV connected to node B.  The same is true for node C.  The Netgear nodes seem to working fine. 

The problem is that the WD HD Live READER at node B cannot see the Live media Hub SERVER at node C, but both nodes and media devices can see the internet.

If the media server is active at node C why can’t it be seen by the media reader connected to node B?

I have been unable to figure this one out and really could use some assistance.

Thanks so much in advance!! 

NOTE:  MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED FROM WHEN I REGISTERED ON THE FORUM AND I CAN’T SEE ANYWAY TO CHANGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE FORUM–IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE THE EMAIL ADDRESS PLEASE ADVISE. 

jkb242 wrote:

NOTE:  MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED FROM WHEN I REGISTERED ON THE FORUM AND I CAN’T SEE ANYWAY TO CHANGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE FORUM–IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE THE EMAIL ADDRESS PLEASE ADVISE. 

Send a Private Message to Bill_S the forum moderator… He’ll change it for you.