Can't see files

I have recently had to restore a Safepoint backup to my Mycloud.  Oddly enough, the restore didn’t return the files to their original place, but dumped them all in Cachevolume/restore/WDPROT/WDSAFE.  I have copied the files back to their original place and deleted them from where they were dumped.

I am now able to see the files via ssh, but when I try to access them via ftp or via Windows Explorer, I can access the folders, but when I click into the folders, I am told “This folder is empty”.

I have searched this forum for any posts with a similar problem but haven’t found anything.

I suspect that the issue is to due with file permissions, but not sure how to sort it, would really appreciate some help with this, thanks

>>>I am now able to see the files via ssh, but when I try to access them via ftp or via Windows Explorer, I can access the folders, but when I click into the folders, I am told “This folder is empty”. I have the same symptoms when using Windows explorer or a Linux file explorer. I suspect that you may be able to view the files using the My Cloud desktop app.

Hi Pete, thanks for your reply.  I’m not sure if the MyCloud dekstop app will let me see the files as I don’t have it installed.  My problem is that I need all of my devices to see the files so that my Plex Server will work, among other things

Possibly a system restore will help - access the Dashboard | Settings | Utilities…

From pg 84 of the manual

System Only: Changes all settings back to the factory default values, makes private shares
public, and returns the administrator password to none. Your content remains untouched
and intact.

1 Like

Yes, that’s sorted it, didn’t think it would be that easy, thanks for your help Peter

1 Like