Can't see files

I can’t see any movies as I used to on my WD TV LivePlus, although if I insert a USB flash drive on it, it sees movies and pictures. I also have My book drive connected to it and it doesn’t see that either. Connected to the internet, I can see all movies on Netflix. Help!

radium,

For the interest of troubleshooting, what do you mean when you say the movies can not be seen as they used to? Do you mean you need to follow a specific procedure, or are the files missing from their previous locations?

1 Like

I have two My books. One is read just fine, the other is not, although it used to be read. can’t remember if the TV LIVEPLUS lets you import movies, but I can’t see any on there, so…

1. One WD my book (movies) can be read completely

2. The other WD my book (movies) cannot be read. It states “no media present”.

3. However, if you insert a flash drive into the TV LIVEPLUS, everything is read

4. both WD my books are connected to the TV LIVEPLUS

5. The on WD my book that used to be read by the TV LIVEPLUS but can’t be read now, can be read if I hook it up to my coputer… so there it is… Help!

Suggest you connect the drive to a windows computer and check the drive for errors. Windows Explorer>properties>tools>Check Now>automatically fix file system errors.

The drive may be flagged as “dirty” and need to have the flag reset by the Error check.  The WD can be picky about this.be sure to “safely remove” the drive by the OS before unplugging.  In windows use either the “Safely remove hardware and eject media” in the applet bar. On the WDTV use the “Eject” button on the remote.

Thanks for the suggestion. However on the extreme left bottom of the screen in Windows 8.1, clicking on Disk Management, it doesn’t see the TV LIVEPLUS at all. Frustrading…

Thanks

radium wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. However on the extreme left bottom of the screen in Windows 8.1, clicking on Disk Management, it doesn’t see the TV LIVEPLUS at all. Frustrading…

Thanks

You can’t do an error check on the disk remotely.  The disk must be attached to the PC.

The WD TV LIVEPLUS is attached to the PC, but the PC doesn’t see it in the Disk Management mode. Refresh my memory, but isn’t the TV LIVEPLUS just a buffer to play files from attached drives, or does it also contain files (movies)?

Thanks 

radium wrote:

The WD TV LIVEPLUS is attached to the PC, but the PC doesn’t see it in the Disk Management mode. Refresh my memory, but isn’t the TV LIVEPLUS just a buffer to play files from attached drives, or does it also contain files (movies)?

Thanks 

How can the WDTV be connected to the PC?!?! Are you meaning the WDTV is connected to the same network as the PC? At any rate the WD would show up as a network device in Windows Explorer not in Disk Management.

To check the disk drive and clear any error flags it must be directly connected to your PC as per my previous post.

The solution was to format the drive connected to the TV LIVE PLUS, because of corruption in just one out of 84 movies. After formatting, the WD reads it just fine. Thanks to those who helped…