Can't see files to retreive on new O/s install. nOOb alert!

O.k My wifes friends hard drive in her pc died. So I bought a new drive and reinstalled W7 X64 back on it. All has gone great until its time to retrieve the backup files. Using these drives and software to backup files I have never done. I like the old drag and drop via Windows explorer way… Anyhow,  upon using WD smartware and selecting the Retrive tab I see no files there to restore from. But if I go into the drive itself via Windows I can see the backup folder she has done. I open up the folder and it looks like everything is encrypted or something. I know this is the file as its 8Gb in size and has the date on it from when she did the back up.

So. How do I access these files and/ or retreive them? Am I supposed to setup this WD Smartware program in anyway? As It just came up by itself when I plugged it in for thr first time.

Thanks.

the restore steps can be found on this link

now… you don’t necessarily need smartware to restore the files

open the backup folder ( either smartware or smartware_stor )  and browse the folders 

there will be a folder with the name for the old computer ( old user ) another with the drive that was backed up and then the one for all users or owner…

drag and drop or copy and paste