Can't see any of my video files on Internal HDD Storage (local)

Hi,

I bought the Live Hub last night, and transferred all my video folder / subfolders onto the local drive.

when done, i tried to access the media from my Videos tab but i kept getting the message “There is no media in the current folder”

I also tried using the folders tab but got the same result in both cases, although I was able to see the Sample Media folder and files.

I also checked from my PC over the network and found all my videos were available on the Live Hub HDD.

The firmware i currently have is the latest, 2.06.10, can it be the issue?

Note: I read on other posts that you can solve this by turning the “Clear Media Library” off then on, but i have a couple of questions on this:

1. Will I have to do this everytime i add a new file?

2. Will it erase my folder arrangements (folders / subfolders) and put all my videos into one huge list?

Try unplugging the power cord, then plugging it back in.  Once it gets through compiling, check to see if your files show up.

Thanks for your quick reply, i’ll try doing that in the next hour and let you know the result :slight_smile:

Hi,

Just tried but still nothing, keep getting “No Media Available in the current folder”

I can access the media from other network devices but weirdly I can’t access my own local drive lol

Any other suggestions? 

Did you change the CONTENT SOURCE?

THe default CONTENT SOURCE is the internal drive.

Hit the RED Button, select LOCAL STORAGE, and then pick your USB drive, or select ALL LOCAL STORAGE.

1 Like

nadz84 wrote:

Hi,

I bought the Live Hub last night, and transferred all my video folder / subfolders onto the local drive.

when done, i tried to access the media from my Videos tab but i kept getting the message “There is no media in the current folder”

I also tried using the folders tab but got the same result in both cases, although I was able to see the Sample Media folder and files.

I also checked from my PC over the network and found all my videos were available on the Live Hub HDD.

The firmware i currently have is the latest, 2.06.10, can it be the issue?

Note: I read on other posts that you can solve this by turning the “Clear Media Library” off then on, but i have a couple of questions on this:

1. Will I have to do this everytime i add a new file?
  1. Will it erase my folder arrangements (folders / subfolders) and put all my videos into one huge list?

“Clear media library” is your only option. Turning Hub on and off, change Content Source, power cycle it…, won’t help, that’s 100% sure. I can’t believe that nobody has suggested this, it is obviously some kind of taboo topic.

Answers to your questions:

1. Yes, probably each time when some new media is added, or existing one moved to another folder

2. No

1 Like

No, clearing the media library is not taboo.  But it is not the first thing you should try because doing this also clears any user set info such as ratings & favorites.  Also, clearing the media library makes it so, if you have already used “Get info” to retrieve the metadata for your movies, you will no longer be able to Sort/Filter by Genre, Actors, etc.

This is why “Clearing Media Library” is not suggest first and should be the last thing you try before you try the other things suggested.

We’ll wait until the poster responds, but I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I"ve had to “Clear Media Library” to get content to appear.

Hey guys,

So sorry for the late reply, but i was out the entire day :slight_smile:

I cleared the media library and everything is fine.

The only thing is that when i copy a file from my pc to WDTV Live Hub over network, i need to clear media library to view it from the hub itself, however I can’t view it from my other WDTV Live connected to the network, anyone faced a similar issue?

If i copy from USB, it works like a charm and no need to clear media librbary.

Thanks a lot for your suport and again, sorry for the late reply.

Well I can tell you that my unit works fine when I add new media to it. The media library picks it right up and displays the new title WITHOUT resetting, without power cycling.

I have mine mapped to my PC as drive Z:

I create all my thumnails and cover art on the PC first (I know I don’t need to) so there is a backup. Once all the suff is done then I copy it to the mapped drive. This is all done with the Hub in stand by mode. Once the movie and the associated files are on the hub I bring it out of standby and viola! the library compiles and then it’s there.

1 Like

Thanks There,

but my problem is that the files i add over my network do not display on my other device “WDTV LIVE”

They only show on the local media in the WDTV Live Hub.

Any solution to that?

thanks,

If you’re accessing the Hub via the NETWORK SHARE function of the WDTV Live, then make sure you completely exit the browser on the Live, and then start browsing fresh.

If you’re access the Hub via the MEDIA SERVER function of the WDTV, then make sure you give the Hub’s Twonky Server time to index the new content.

1 Like

This was Extremely helpful :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, all is working like a charm now

Thank you all for your great suggestins