Can't see any Content!

Hello,

I just got my new Live hub today. and i am trying to copy content to it.

i am connecting my hard drive (it’s a portable one) using the USB cable. after a few seconds a message appears

asking me if i want to sync the content to my live hub. i choose OK. and it starts to copy…

it took some time. and when it’s done. i disconnected my portable drive.

i am going inside the movies folder… and then files folder… but i don’t see the content i just copied !

Where is it…??

i am trying to change to source… i tried everything !!! i don’t see the content.

when i am going to the system information  i can see clearly the space is been used

(where are 260 Gigabyte of movies ???)

this is so frustrating !!!

200$ for this,  so frustrating :frowning:

oh, the first thing i did when i opend the box was to format the drive + firmware update.

Any ideas ??

smounche wrote:

i am going inside the movies folder… and then files folder… but i don’t see the content i just copied !

Where is it…??> * * *

It ought to be in this path:

WDTVLiveHub → USB_Sync → “DiskLabel_xxx”

“Disk_Label_xxx” is the label of the disk that was synced.

When i go to WDTVLiveHub

I just have a SAMPLE folder (dating to 3/2000)

and that’s it . .

smounche wrote:

When i go to WDTVLiveHub

I just have a SAMPLE folder (dating to 3/2000)

and that’s it . .

There ought to be USB_Sync folder. Inside there would be several subfolders for each USB storage device that was connected to the hub and synced.

well i can assure you there isn’t . . . .

smounche wrote:

well i can assure you there isn’t . . . .

Well you have erased it, weren’t you (formatting the internal drive) :slight_smile:

You might try to create it again?

You might also want to check the Users Manual. Page 23.

Hi   Argus,

at first I want to thank you for helping me.

I will try to explain myself again…

The first thing I did when I got it (the LIVE HUB) from the store was to connect the AC power.

Then connect the HDMI to my HDTV.

and finally connect it to my Router - for internet access…

Then I load it to the first time and got a message about an update available… -  I updated it.

Next - I wanted a clean start - so I went inside the system properties and formatted the disk.

Then *and only then* - I synced my USB device…

And no files . . .

I did this several times… I also tried to reboot the device…

But nothing . .

Try to connect to the Hub with a computer and explore the disk. I am quite sure that you have the files on the internal disk.

Is Media library turned to ON?

i am also sure the files are on the internal disk. i can see the 260 giga are been used (out of 960 giga)

but how can i see them ??

How do i turn ON the Media library ?  / What is it ?

erase the media library then it’s gonna re create it automatically then you media will appear, happened to me a few times it’s no big deal tho it scared me the first time ;f

Are you able to see the media now?

How do i erase the media??

I am such a newbe in this… can you please explain ?

Thanks… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Media found, excellent!!!:smiley:  Highlight the folder that you want to delete > click options on your remote>  there should be an option to delete the folder. You can delete multiple folders also.

hi again…

sorry… My bad… i still see no media…  :frowning:

false alarm…

back again to square one…

i just have a sample folder…

someone here spoke about removing the media libary… ??

Just bought the media hub yesterday. Had the same problem. Can see the newly added folders in my computer but not through WD. Turning Media Library on and off did not work for me. I had to clear the media library to force it to re-index the lot. Hope this doesn’t happen too often cos as the contents grow it will take longer.

Go to <system? . Make sure is set to “On”.