Can't remotely access smartware share stored on My Cloud drive from window PC or the MAC

The whole reason I bought the My Cloud drive is because I saw WD marketing that said whatever were backup on the My cloud drive can be access remotely anywhere in the world

It turns out that I am not able to access the smartware share stored on My Cloud remotely with either my window PC nor the MAC. Ironically, I was able to access the smartware share stored on My Cloud remotely using WD home mobile apps, but not on my window PC or MAC. That doesn’t make any logical sense at all. Can someone please enlighten me and show me how to remotely access the smartware share stored on My Cloud drive using the window PC or the MAC,

It’s practically useless if I can not access the smartware share remotely on my window PC or the MAC.
Can someone please help me on this?

best regards
Jim

@wongjimcl I gave you a couple of alternate ways of doing that in your prior topic.

You can look at this which also can be found by searching the Knowledge Base.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10223/kw/remote%20access%20of%20SmartWare

I read through the knowledge base, it still does not address my issue of not able to access the smartware share stored on My Cloud drive remotely with window PC. I need to be able to access the smartware share remotely on my PC.

Good Luck, since SmartWare is a backup application.

Anything I want to be able to access away from home is either in the Public folder or my Horace share.

I have two WD My Clouds for backing up my Computers, Cell Phone and Tablet.