Can't reformat my MBL

Hello everybody!

I finally got my own MBL the other day.  The first thing I did was go through and update it to the latest firmware (02.32.05-044).  The update installed without a hitch, and it looked like I was up and running.  I went exploring around the Dashboard and started see errors when I went to the Users, Shares, and Safepoints sections (32102, 33166, and 35550 respecitvely, all three saying internal errors happened).

I did some searching around the forums, and saw a couple of posts mentioning I should perform a factory restore on the NAS.  I went to the System → Utilties tab to reformat, and I can’t actually get to the tab.  It just stays at the ‘Loading…’ screen.  After a couple of minutes, the ‘Loading…’ widget is gone and I’m still at whatever screen I was before.

Okay, fine. So I read up about other ways to reformat by ssh’ing into the box and running the /usr/local/sbin/factoryRestore.sh bash script.  I ran the command, and let it sit overnight and while I was at work.  When I checked the next day, nothing seemed to happen, and I was still getitng the errors.

So finally, to my question: what other ways can I try to reformat my NAS?  Someone have a link to older firmware I can downgrade to? Is there a different bash script tucked away I can run?

Thanks guys!

I have exactly the same issues… please can someone help

want to reset but utilities tab just hangs

not a good first impression

I too have the same problem. :confounded:

MyBookLive 2 Tb just bought, exploring around the Dashboard and started see errors when I went to the Users, Shares, and Safepoints sections (32102, 33166, and 35550 respecitvely, all three saying internal errors happened) and when I went to the System → Utilties tab to reformat, and I can’t actually get to the tab.  It just stays at the ‘Loading…’ screen.  After a couple of minutes, the ‘Loading…’ widget is gone and I’m still at whatever screen I was before.

I have  fw 2.11.09 – 053 (4/2012)

Not a good first impression :cry:

I just submitted a support ticket for this.  I’ll report back with whatever comes from that.

EDIT: ticker != ticket, fixed the typo.