Can't recognize a tape

I’ve just inserted back a tape in my library and the server can’t recognize it even if it is seen in the section “Slots Usage”

Bar code is OK but Tape Name is “Unknown tape”

How to rename the tape with the right Name so that I can restore the data ?

Thanks for the answer, it’s quite urgent …

Hello,

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

When a tape is created in WD Arkeia, the user provides the TAPE NAME and the BARCODE.

The TAPE NAME (tpname) is accompanied by a unique ID called the TAPE ID (tpid) in Arkeia.

EXAMPLE:

If I create a tape named “Daily Backups”, the tape will be created and assigned a unique ID such as 5cdfeb3c.

When Arkeia uses the tape for the first backup job, or if the end user manually writes the tape label, both the TAPE NAME (tpname) and TAPE ID (tpid) are written on the 1st segment of the tapes media. Whenever the tape is written to, used or recycled and reused, Arkeia will read the tapes header infromation and recognize the TAPE NAME and TAPE ID as long as the tape already exists in the WebUI.

If the tape is deleted from the WebUI (such as performing a backup job to the tape, then recycle and delete from the WebUI for reuse as another tape name), the tape become an “unknown tape” in Arkeia because the TAPE NAME and TAPE ID is still on the header of the media, but the logical tape in the Arkeia WebUI has been deleted.

SOLUTION:

If the explanation above fits your environment situation, the solution is to:

• create a new tape in the WebUI
  • assign the new tape to the slot that says “Unknown Tape” in the Library Manage Tape Screen
  • MANUALLY write a new label to the tape to ensure the old TAPE NAME and TAPE ID are void

If the tape in question WAS NOT DELETED, as detailed above, all you need to do is SET TAPE at the Library Manage Tape Screen

http://wiki.arkeia.com/index.php/WD_Arkeia_Version_10.1_Quick_Start_Guide_-_English#Tape_Library_Configuration

11 Tape Library Configuration

Regards,

Samuel Brown