Can't reach some folders and files on My Passport

My old computer with Win10 failed. MyPassport worked with it as backup and external storage for Photo and Music (over 200 Gb). New computer has Win10 as well. I can reach Photo and backup but have problems with Music folder. Click on a folder or a subfolder brings out popup with “You don’t currently have permission to access this folder”. Click on Continue brings popup with “You have been denied permission to access this folder”.
Click on Security tab brings another popup where I can put my name. It does not propagate to subfolders. Doing it to subfolder I can see some files but no application would play it.
I tried to delete the whole Music folder but got popup “You need permission to perform this action” and “You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this folder”.
I am the user with administrator privileges. Tried to delete subfolder - “You need permission to perform this action” and “You require permission from the computer’s administrator to make changes to this folder”. Do not know how to proceed. Please help/advise.

Hello,

Try to take ownership of the folder.

Take a look at this link.