Cant playback Youtube music clips

I tried to watch some music videos last night but the WD live said it cant play these types of files on external devices connected to TV’s (or something like that, sorry I am not at home so can’t check the exact wording of the prompt). I watched other youtube clips ok, but every music one I tried it wouldn’t allow it to load.

Any ideas guys?

andrewsc71 wrote:

I tried to watch some music videos last night but the WD live said it cant play these types of files on external devices connected to TV’s (or something like that, sorry I am not at home so can’t check the exact wording of the prompt). I watched other youtube clips ok, but every music one I tried it wouldn’t allow it to load.

Any ideas guys?

The owner of the video can tick a box which stops the clip playing on TV connected devices. Its a youtube thing.

Ahh thank you very much for explaining that. I was hoping it wasn’t a WD Live restriction.

Any way to tell which clips have had this option applied to them?

My plan was to create some Youtube Playlists to watch on my TV via the WD Live…

Unfortunately there is no way to tell which videos will play and which will not. I really don’t understand why some videos are restricted. With music videos it could be a policy decision by the company. You could try connecting the uploaders and asking why they restrict their videos.