Can't play a video in the MyCloud App (Android) since firmware update

Yesterday, I couldn’t connect to my MyCloudMirror (gen2) with my MyCloudApp so I connected to my administration panel via local network and saw that a firmware upgrade had been done the night before. I restarded the MyCloudMirror an it went OK: I could connect.

But… now, tough I can connect via MyCloudApp, I can’t play any video! It’s a big deal to me… and the MyCloud software for PC can’t connect anymore either! It this configuration, the NAS is useless to me!

Can we downgrade the firmware or is a patch already on its way?

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

@bennybuche
What firmware version is your Mirror Gen2?
What version of the mobile app? 4.4.10 ?
What Android version and device make/model?
What video format is not working? Is there a specific error message?
Are you streaming Local LAN or Remote?

Have you contacted support?

I don’t have access to my MCM control panel from work, so I can’t answer the first question for sure but an upgrade occured during the night of Nov 19th. So I think it the latest version available.
Other questions answered hereafter:

• What firmware version is your Mirror Gen2?

• What version of the mobile app? 4.4.10 ? Yes

• What Android version and device make/model? Samsung J5(2016)/SM-J510FN with 7.1.1

• What video format is not working? Any (.avi, .mp4, .flv & .mkv). Is there a specific error message? Yes (translated from french:) “Impossible to play that link because a network error occured”. Though, there’s no problem to open an image, a .pdf or an Office document.

• Are you streaming Local LAN or Remote? Same effect in both situations (with or without VPN)

• Have you contacted support? Not yet :shushing_face:"

Thanks for taking good care of my issue :slight_smile: