Can't mount NFS on Rasp Pi running Openelec

I am trying to mount public NFS shares from my Rasp PI running openelec but keep getting a ‘permission denied’ error. I can add NFS sources in xbmc but want to mount the shares locally under /storage. Here’s the commadn and error I am getting

OpenELEC:~ # mount -t nfs -o ro,nfsvers=3,udp 192.168.0.5:/Public/Movies /storage/movies
mount: 192.168.0.5:/Public/Movies failed, reason given by server: Permission denied
mount: mounting 192.168.0.5:/Public/Movies on /storage/movies failed: Bad file descriptor

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

aohara,

Are you able to access other devices in your networking using the NFS protocol? Or, are other devices able to access your WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage with this same method?

I have tried mounting NFS from an Ubuntu live CD running off my laptop and get the following error

ubuntu@ubuntu:/$ sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.0.5:/Public/Movies /media/ubuntu/DATAPART1/storage/movies -o  nolock,nfsvers=3
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.0.5:/Public/Movies

The dmesg on the My Book Live shows

svc: 192.168.0.3, port=752: unknown version (4 for prog 100003, nfsd)

Your target is wrong.   “/Public/Movies” isn’t exported.

Try:

sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.0.5:/nfs/Public/Movies /media/ubuntu/DATAPART1/storage/movies -o nolock,nfsvers=3

Thank you, that did the trick