Cant log on to dashboard

I am unable to log on to my dashboard. . It says invalid username or password. I havent been asked for it before. How do i check what my password is ?

no easy way to determine it

i believe the 4 second reset (with power on press and hold the rear reset button for 4 seconds) will clear the passwords, it also resets networking to DHCP so you should change it back to static afterwards

if that dosn’t do it the 40 second/system only restore will. with power off press and hold the reset button as you apply power and continue to hold for 40 seconds. this leaves data & shares in place, everything else is reset to like new so the initial login will be admin with no password

What type of device are you on and what operating system? Is it asking for a My Cloud or Network user name and password?

Providing an image of what you are seeing would help.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

I did the 4 second reset method and it worked, thanks but now i am unable to view the photos or the videos using my phone (galaxy s4). Music plays ok. It lists all photos and videos but cant view them.

leejohn56 wrote:
I did the 4 second reset method and it worked, thanks but now i am unable to view the photos or the videos using my phone (galaxy s4). Music plays ok. It lists all photos and videos but cant view them.

check on dahboard if the content scan is finished. you minght need to rebuild database if this has been completed. 

go to media and rescan then rebuild.

kudos if this helped :slight_smile:

I did the scan and rebuild but still unable to access pictures or videos. Also on the dashboard, the capacity button does nit show me how much capacity is used.

Check the Shares|Public|Share Profile|Media Serving control in the Dashboard is set to enable media serving on the Public share.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/FAQ-Twonky-DLNA-Media-Server-Setup-amp-Use/m-p/860697

you might need to clear cache on your phone. Did you try this?