Can't Log off

Going to my Network Places using Explore or My Computer and clicking on My Book Live I get a small login window. Once login I cannot find out how to logout. This becomes a problem trying to use a different PC b/c MBL knows there is someone already login as that user name. A user once login must not be logout over time b/c I have waited all day with out being auto logout. I am running XP, Vista, and Win7. I am login on a XP box.

How can I logout?

I assume that you have secured the live. You should see a logoff in the top right hand of the user interface.

http://mybooklive/UI

I have also discovered that if you close down the user interface browser is also logs you out.

There is no user interface if you login using Explore. I am not login using the UI.

Thank for a quick responce!

The same user ID can log into the MBL several times from different computers; I do it all the time.   So that’s not the problem.  

rb5235 wrote:

There is no user interface if you login using Explore. I am not login using the UI.

Thank for a quick responce!

So how do you get the mybook to ask for a password when using explore.

This is how is XP. Open Explore/My Computer  (click) - My Network - Entire Network - Microsoft Windows Network - Name of Your Network - Mybooklive. At this point you should see Public and any user names that has been created. Click on Public you should see folders. Click on a user name and a login window will pop-up. Login and you will see your user/private folders. Or what is called shares, I think.

BTW I have been successfull in login same account on different XP boxs. Problem I see now is there is still no way to logout. So if someone else gets on that PC they will be able to see your files on MBL.

Thats the reason I don’t see it - I don’t have any user / private shares.

rb5235 wrote:

This is how is XP. Open Explore/My Computer  (click) - My Network - Entire Network - Microsoft Windows Network - Name of Your Network - Mybooklive. At this point you should see Public and any user names that has been created. Click on Public you should see folders. Click on a user name and a login window will pop-up. Login and you will see your user/private folders. Or what is called shares, I think.

BTW I have been successfull in login same account on different XP boxs. Problem I see now is there is still no way to logout. So if someone else gets on that PC they will be able to see your files on MBL.

Oh, Ok, I follow you now. 

You’re right.  Windows caches the credentials for as long as YOU are logged in.   So you have to log out of your “Account” to purge those.   If you do not HAVE to log into your XP box, then you’ll have to shut it down to clear them.

**OR** If I remember correctly, you can use this command:

NET USE \SERVER\SHARENAME /DELETE

to force it closed.

If that does work to your liking, you can just make a .BAT file on your desktop using NOTEPAD, and double click it when you’re ready to log out of the share.

Let me know if that works!   :slight_smile:  My WinXP box is DOMAIN-based work computer, so I don’t get to experiment with it lest I have to call IT  Support  (ME!)  with a trouble ticket.