Can't issue dashboard-login shows check internet connection-Invalid State

Does anyone know how to fix the issue [that happens a lot!] which causes you to get an error when you try to access the cloud dashboard? The 4 second reset never works and the 40 second reset is a pain…but now that has stopped working.

I log in to the device just fine…I can see shares and states…etc…but when I try to login to the cloud dashboard with my admin id I get the message saying ‘check internet connection. Invalid state’.
WD support is useless. The answer is ALWAYS the same…

I decided to try turning off cloud access and then re-enabling it…well…that was a stupid idea…because now I can’t even turn it back on.

Any help out there would be appreciated. I also disabled my firewall seeing if that would help…it doesn’t help.

So…I have done the 40 second reset and am right back where I started.

Hi @kdw157,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Yes, of course I opened a support case…and received the same answer I always get. Try a 4 second reset and then try a 40 second reset. This of course never works…and the problem cleared up all by itself…magically. I was not the only user that had this issue. I would like a better answer from WD as to what happened and why nothing was sent out to the affected user community.