Can't install ANY THEME!

I have a SMP with Firmware 1.09.10, and have tried installing every theme possible by going through the webGUI interface, I’m unable to install any theme. I even rolled back to firmware 1.04.12, and still unable to install any themes. What is everyones trick to getting themes installed. Oh, and I’m running Firefox 13.0.1.

CaJazzman wrote:

I have a SMP with Firmware 1.09.10, and have tried installing every theme possible by going through the webGUI interface, I’m unable to install any theme. I even rolled back to firmware 1.04.12, and still unable to install any themes. What is everyones trick to getting themes installed. Oh, and I’m running Firefox 13.0.1.

Are you trying to install a zip file as it is when you downloaded it?

Some themes need to be unzipped first and then only the Image & Screenshot folders along with all the xml files files need to be re-zipped and then submitted to the SMP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

ya ritaben is right. re zip the files. that should work. i had the same problem before with darklight theme. 

have you tried in other browsers

ritaben wrote:

CaJazzman wrote:

Some themes need to be unzipped first and then only the Image & Screenshot folders along with all the xml files files need to be re-zipped and then submitted to the SMP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

What I’ve done was to unzip, Darklight,Mojo, Haris Alaska, Black Mumba, and some others, to find, Image file, screenshot, and xml files, and nothing more.  then rezipped them, and I got an error with Darklight, saying it exceded the size limit, and with the others, I submitted them, and nothing happened. So, with the Darklight, I then removed the preview folder, but then when I went to upload it, nothing happened just like the other theme zipped files. So, I had firmware 1.09.10, to start with, then rolledback to 1.04.12. I have tried to upload all of the themes in IE9, FF, and Chrome, and with all of them, couldn’t upload any themes. So, at this point I’m about to just upgrade the firmware back to 1.09.10. I can’t believe of all the bugs that I’ve found with this device. What a shame too.

CaJazzman wrote:

ritaben wrote:

CaJazzman wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers

What I’ve done was to unzip, Darklight,Mojo, Haris Alaska, Black Mumba, and some others, to find, Image file, screenshot, and xml files, and nothing more.  then rezipped them, and I got an error with Darklight, saying it exceded the size limit, and with the others, I submitted them, and nothing happened. So, with the Darklight, I then removed the preview folder, but then when I went to upload it, nothing happened just like the other theme zipped files. So, I had firmware 1.09.10, to start with, then rolledback to 1.04.12. I have tried to upload all of the themes in IE9, FF, and Chrome, and with all of them, couldn’t upload any themes. So, at this point I’m about to just upgrade the firmware back to 1.09.10. I can’t believe of all the bugs that I’ve found with this device. What a shame too.

Are you getting an error message, if so what does it state, are you getting a progress reading or is the SMP just hanging?

Cheers

I did get one error message, when I had rolled back to firmware 1.04.12, and then after trying to add the Darklight theme, which said that it had exceded the size limit. But that was the only error, and everyone after that including Darklight again, after pressing the “submit” button, it did nothing at all. So, I’ve upgraded back to firmware 1.09.10. Now  can’t install any theme, and also 99% of HD movies which are in DTS audio don’t play in surround. I thought getting a streaming media player for my birthday from my son was great, until I realized that this device has so many bugs. What a shame.

CaJazzman wrote:

I did get one error message, when I had rolled back to firmware 1.04.12, and then after trying to add the Darklight theme, which said that it had exceded the size limit. But that was the only error, and everyone after that including Darklight again, after pressing the “submit” button, it did nothing at all. So, I’ve upgraded back to firmware 1.09.10. Now  can’t install any theme, and also 99% of HD movies which are in DTS audio don’t play in surround. I thought getting a streaming media player for my birthday from my son was great, until I realized that this device has so many bugs. What a shame.

When you say preview folder do you mean the Screenshot folder?

That’s a shame because I don’t have any problems at all and I’m still on firmware 1.04.12.

Have you tried Google Chrome to upload?

Normally if there is an error with the zip file the error messages are either the one you had (file to big) or “Invalid File - Please Correct File”.

There is another member having problems loading the Black Mamba & Surreal themes only. Strange!

Sorry i can’t be more helpful.

Cheers

CaJazzman wrote:

Just saw in another thread that a member had to turn off his firewall to load themes. Maybe try that if your firewall is active, you can always turn it back on afterwards.

Cheers