Can't get activation code

MyBookLive is working well on my home network.  I only want to access the content from my iPad from my home wireless network.  Everything is set up properly to my knowledge, but each time I request an activation code (for the user “Admin”) I get, " 31655 - Error generating code for your mobile device: You don’t have permission to access a resource. Please try again."  I set up another user, but had the same results.  Any suggestions?

I have the same problem …Any suggestion from WD???

Thanks in advance for your help

If you’re at home (with your device) you don’t need an activation code.   You can just pair it directly via the app itself.

I too have the same problem.  Just pairing it directly via the app itself would be good except that for me the app never makes the local connection to my My Book Live.  The little spinning wheel icon just goes round and round forever.

Also, just pairing via the app would work when you are on the local network but does not solve the issue of getting an activation code for when you are away from the local network.

RalphG wrote:

Also…does not solve the issue of getting an activation code for when you are away from the local network.

Once you’re paired, you’re paired.  You don’t have to use an activation code EVER if you pair locally.

This won’t be any help for you, but maybe someone can help me

I do actually get the activation code, but when entering it in my Android App, error (504) pops up.

“connection can’t be set up” or whatever (it’s in german on my phone).

Any ideas, how this could be solved?

Funny thing is, that once I used a code, the next time the app says, that the code has been used already. Even though it did not work.

Generating a new code end with error (504) again.

A little disappointing at the moment.

I also can’t use the web access, as the browser always crashes, when I want to see the folders on the device (my book live 3 TB). No idea, what the problem is there also…

I am getting  this same error message from my Android device on my WiFi network: 

WD 2go

User does not have permission.

(403 11.10)

From the LiveBook Duo Dashboard, I get the following error when trying to Add Acccess → Get Code from the Remote Access → Mobile Access section.

31655  - Error generating code for your mobile device: You don’t have permission to access a resource. Please try again.

I tried using the Automatic and Manual configuration Remote access modes.

**bleep** is up with support on this key feature?  I bought the device for the claimed ability to do this.   I am seeing users abandonded on the forum and the error messages are not  helpful either.

Same problem.  Extremely frustrating.