Can't find WD 750 GB MyPassport on my computer

Hey, I have followed these instructions, and still am not able to find My Passport, when I go to device manager, the drive isn’t showing. Could you give a more basic explination?

"Can’t find WD 750GB My Passport on My Computer/Computer:[ New ]

11-13-2011 09:36 AM

I bought a new WD 750 GB My Passport, but i can’t find it on My Computer/Computer. I’ve updated the drivers, but it still doesn’t work.

I used it first on a iMac and their I have to choose, if i want use it as a “time machine”, which i accepted.

Please help me!

ThePizzaMatrix

Honored Contributor

ThePizzaMatrix

10-13-2010

Re: Can’t find WD 750GB My Passport on My Computer/Computer: [ New ]

11-14-2011 09:16 AM

That’s your problem.

If it was used on Time Machine then the drive was formatted as HFS+; invisible to Windows.

Right-click on Computer/My Computer> Manage> Disk Management. You’ll see the drive as not initialized, you’ll have to initialize it and then create a new simple volume (New partition) to format it and get it to work on Windows.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and ‘Accept as Solution’ under options for the post that solved your issue."

You did not read the post right

is not device manager… It’s disk management

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865/session/L2F2LzIvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMzUxMDI5MTE2L3NpZC9NOG5wZXQ5bA%3D%3D/kw/format/session/L2F2LzIvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMzUxMDI5MTE2L3NpZC9NOG5wZXQ5bA==

I went to disk management, and Passport isn’t showing. 

and I don’t know what to click after this? Will I be able to access the files from my mac? I switched from a MacBook to a  HP. 

Is there anyway to format the harddrive from my windows to see the files? 

Image still not showing since not approved by Mods

try a different computer or different cable

Will I have to use a mac to format it to be read on a windows machine?